Thursday, January 10, 2013

HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!

Welcome back, NHL!  You don't know how badly I have missed you.  I tried watching the NBA.  That lasted about one quarter.  It'd be much better if you let KG and Carmelo duke it out on the court...sissies.  I tried watching NCAA basketball.  That's better, but I don't really have a team to cheer for.  I like football a lot and the Pats are luckily fun to watch, but come on...

NOTHING      BEATS    HOCKEY!!

I must admit, I avoided this blog throughout the lockout.  I had a lot to say, but they were not very nice or kind words, especially towards our own owner, Jeremy Jacobs (he's not reading is he? Video).  Anytime the B's were brought up, I'd start chatting it up calm, cool and collected.  Gradually I'd feel my heart start to race and fire flow through my veins, so I'd remove myself from the conversation before a baby got punched.  But that's the past...let's focus on HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!!!! When I found out they agreed on a CBA I dusted off the Lucic jersey and blasted the Bruins goal song.

What I'm excited for this year:
1. Besides hockey fights, I'm most eager to see where Seguin takes his game this year.  He seems like he's on the verge of becoming a real star.  He played really well in Switzerland, let's hope he can continue his development and take his game to the next level. (Video of Seguin's dominance in Switzerland at Puck Daddy).

2. A close second is Dougie Hamilton.  I cannot wait to see this kid play.  He's been dominating juniors, so I'm eager to see how that translate to the big league.  Put him next to big Z and let's see what we got.

(1a/2a: Funny how my first two points are related to the Kessel trade... thank you, Brian Burke.  Oh, sorry you just lost your job.)

3. Tuukka toga time.  I think Rask is ready to be a number goalie in this league.  With only a one year deal signed, he's playing for a HUGE contract.  I hope he gets it.  The back up goaltender on the other hand is a huge question mark.

I could go on, but those are the three things I'm most interested in.  Oh man, let the countdown begin, and Mr. Jack Edwards start warming up those pipes, it's going to be a fast and furious season.

JANUARY 19th, RANGERS @ BRUINS

P.S: I moved in with my girlfriend this fall.  I told her now she'll understand what it's really like to live with me!!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Took you long enough...I've been checking for this post for days!