Tuesday, January 29, 2013

GOLDEN POINTS: Boston Bruins vs Carolina Hurricanes

Bruins 5 - Hurricanes 3

Bruins Goals: Marchand SHG (3), Chara PPG (2), Horton (2), Krejci (1), Seguin ENG/PPG (1)
Hurricanes Goals: McBain (1), Skinner (5), E. Staal (4),

**SHG - Shorthand Goal, PPG - Power play goal, ENG - Empty net goal

The Bruins hot start continues!!  But please TV and radio peeps, please stop saying the Bruins are undefeated or unbeaten.  I understand that they haven't lost in regulation, but they lost in overtime.  Let me say again... they LOST in overtime.  Meaning they have been defeated in the form of a dagger through my heart during extra time.  Do I need to continue?

Prior to the game, GM Chiarelli told Dougie Hamilton that he would not be sent back to his juniors team. Duh.  One of the more easier decisions of his tenure here as GM.

Carolina dominated the B's last season.  The B's evidently didn't want that to happen again came out flying.  It looked like they could potentially blow the 'Canes out.  Then I remembered I'm a Bruins fan and that RARELY happens.  The Hurricanes came back out in the 2nd period and got some very good play from their top tier players.  I'm still not sure how Skinner roofed that puck so close to the goalie, but he roofed the crap out it. 

Side note: anyone else think of Kenny Wu when Ference and Johnson sandwiched Skinner?  And if you don't know who Kenny Wu is LEAVE THIS BLOG IMMEDIATELY AND NEVER RETURN! Only the greatest childhood movie of my childhood.

Anyways...
  • I'm pretty sure that Dougie's amazing start to his career is directly linked to whenever I mention him in a post.  I'd be doing his career a disservice if I didn't mention him.  Another strong game from the young man.  He recorded yet another assist on the go ahead goal from David Krejci.  There was a lot of action in front of the net, so it would've been easy for anyone to just wind up and take a shot.  Instead, he calmly faked the shot and slide it over to a wide open Krejci who had a wide open net to shoot at.  Awesome.  I smell he'll get his first goal very soon.  He's had some great shots.
  • Besides Dougie we need to keep talking about the penalty kill.  They went a perfect 6 for 6 last night to remain impenetrable on the PK.  To add to the awesomeness, the Gnat (BRINGING IT BACK!) aka Marchand, nabbed a shorthander that was a thing of beauty.  We are the lone team left that has yet to allow a PPG this season.  *Knock on wood*
  • As expected, we saw our first look of the season of Anton Khudobin.  I thought he looked very impressive.  He let up 3 goals, but I didn't think any of them were necessarily his fault.  I was a little nervous when he completely disregarded the trapezoid rule, though it led to Marchands SHG so maybe he knew something we didn't?
  • Although Seguin's goal was an empty netter, I'm hoping that will open the flood gates for the young forward.  He's getting some quality shots off, but he has yet to beat a goaltender.  Let's hope this gets him going.
  • Speaking of the end of the game, Bergeron went APE SHIT on Skinner.  Bergeron, although still very young, is like the old wise man on the team.  You rarely, if ever, see him lose his cool.  Puck Daddy was the first place I was able to read with what happened.  Apparently the little guy decided to "slew-foot" Bergeron (which you can see in the video).  Can't wait for them to play again, would love to see another Bergeron fight!
Next Up: New Jersey Devils   #BrodeurIsARobot

No comments: