Thursday, January 31, 2013

GOLDEN POINTS: Boston Bruins vs New Jersey Devils

Bruins 2 - Devils 1

Boston goals: Horton (3)
Devils goals: Clarkson (4)

If you are tuning into a hockey game for the first time, I strongly suggest avoiding any Bruins/Devils matchups.  While I find the defensive games entertaining, I'm probably in the minority here.  While it lacked in goals, there was some great physical play (56 total hits!), a fight, great saves (54 total shots), and an UFS...Unidentified Flying Snack.  After one of the longer shootouts I've seen, the Gnat comes in on his first shootout attempt and burries it.

  • So I jinxed it.  Blame it all on me.  The Bruins let up their first power play goal of the season.  DAMNIT.  I knocked on wood so I really thought that allowed me to discuss their perfection on the penalty kill.  They only let up one goal in 5 tries though, still not too shabby!
  • It is very encouraging to see Horton start the season the way he has.  After not having him playing at 100% for the past year, you forget what that first line can look like when all three are at their best.  His goal here was a perfect example of the chemistry between Lucic, Krejci and himself.  He seems to be in position to have a big year!  We're all pulling for you, Smiley!
  • Rask continues to have a strong year in net.  He's got dollah dollah dollah bills on his mind.  If he keeps this up, the B's are going to have to pay him some good money.  He's worth it though.  He also stoned the Devils in the shootout, waiting long enough until Marchand was able to put one home.
  • Let's fast forward to the shoot out.  I really hope it wasn't a B's fan that threw <insert snack> onto the ice during the shootout.  That crap pisses me off.  Luckily Seguin scored again on the redo.  I hope they found the douchebag and gave him a lifetime ban from the Garden.  There are only 2 situations things get thrown on the: 1) Hat trick and 2) playoff victory and the towel goes onto the ice.... and if you are in Detroit 3) an octopus.

Next Up: Buffalo Sabres  #ThursdayNightFights

I'm excited for the first division game of the year.  The B's embarrassed the Sabres many times last year, especially when their lack of response to the Lucic-Miller incident.  And then the embarrassing fight the next time they played.

No comments: