Rangers 4 - Bruins 3 SOL
Bruins Goals: Krejci (4), Horton (4), Marchand (7)
Rangers Goals: Hagelin (4), Stepan (2), Stralman (1)
Man, oh man. For about 90% of this game there wasn't much good to be said, except for the delicious dinner that was prepared for me! A lot of the B's looked off (see below) and they didn't seem ready to play. As angry as this game made me, you get the feeling that the Bruins are always in it. They never give up and you can tell that whenever they get down a goal or two (or three) they still believe they have a chance to win. While they didn't win, they earned an improbably point out of this one. I'll take it!!
And my thoughts:
- I thought Chara had a poor game again. He was making awful decisions. Someone needs to piss him off. Hey Marchand, go poke the big guy a little bit. Get him angry. When he plays angry he gets back into it.
- Another bit of negative feedback from me is for Peverley. Definitely his worst game of the year. Him and Chara must've gone to lunch together and ate some funky clam chowder because their games were just off.
- Last bit of negativo coming from me, Rask. The second and third goals need to saved. This is a big game and in big games, we need to see Rask make some big saves...and some easy saves. It's not going to be perfect, so I'll let Rask have this one. Let's just hope he can turn it around.
- Alright, some positive stuff. Despite playing what I thought was a poor game, they still managed 40 shots on Lundqvist and eventually pulled a miracle right out of their asses. You don't see this very often at all, but they were able to score 2 goals with Rask pulled. Yes, if there was a camera on me I would've looked like Jack Edwards....and GET OVER IT... I KNOW HE'S A HOMER... you tell 'em Jack.
- I hate/love Nash. It still boggles my mind Columbus couldn't do anything with him. It's a shame. It'll be a shame if NYR can't do anything with him either. Look at his shootout goal. Just dumb.
Next Up: Buffalo Sabres