Monday, February 20, 2012

Golden Points: Winnipeg Jets

Jets 4 - Bruins 2 (even though it's not New York, I still hate typing Jets...)

At the beginning of the bout I had a good feeling, the B's were skating hard, getting shots on net, and looked to be in control of the game.  The first period ended 0-0 and I would've liked to see the B's get rewarded for their good play, but I was feeling good.

Although the first goal for the Jets was a really nice shot by Alex Burmistrov, I put the blame on the captain.  I don't know if he lost where he was on the ice, but he gave Burmistrov waaaaay too much cushion.  Burmistrov was able to skate unopposed into the face off circle and rip a shot on Rask.  Chara with his redwood stick should've made it a little more difficult for him to gain that position.

Rask came up with the biggest save of the game to that point, making a split save stoning the Jets on a 2 v 1 breakaway which immediately led to Jordan Caron's goal.  Caron's goal was almost identitcal to Burmistrov, I thought former Bruins Mark Stuart gave Caron way too much cushion and Caron just ripped one from around the face off dot.  Instead of 2-0, it was 1-1.  Alright, here we go B's... getting back in it.

Then, my worst nightmare played out in front of my eyes.  Blake %$^%ing Wheeler.  The guy I was more than happy to see packing his bags last year decided he wanted a little revenge and just turned it on.  Hands down one of the best games I've seen him play.  He scored the next goal (sneaky goal on Tuukka...thought Rask should've saved it) and assisted on the next two to Little.  DAMNIT WHEELER!!

The struggles still continue for the B's.  Bergeron had a prime scoring opportunity in the third but Pavelec just robbed him.  That's just how the pucks been rolling these days.  Get the struggles out now, shake it off, and lets get rockin' and rollin' come playoff time. 

Some good news: Krejci got on the board.  He wasn't a pretty goal, but he fought through the bouncing puck and roofed one over Pavelec.  That was to tie the game at 2, but the B's couldn't muster anymore offense.

With Horton out indefinitely and Peverley out for over a month, the time's ticking for Chiarelli to add a forward to the mix to help this offense.  I just don't have a feeling Caron and Hennessey are the answers.

No comments: