Sunday, April 8, 2012

Good bye 2011-2012 Regular Season....

... and HEEELLLLOOOO PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!

There's not a more suspenseful or emotional show on TV than watching your team make a deep Cup run.  I'm only partially sure that I'm ready since it took months to recover from last year (no I wasn't partying with Marchand and Seguin).  But that was last year, I was young and unprepared.  I was bracing myself for some sort of epic failure like the past few seasons had ended and was caught off guard.  This year, I'm prepared for anything, I'm a seasoned vet now.  A repeat hasn't happened since the Red Wings did it in 1998, don't you think the league is due?

The Bruins now can defend their championship properly.  The first team to enter the gauntlet will be the Washington Capitals.  I will admit, I would've preferred the Senators.  The Caps have been in playoff hockey mode for a few weeks now, battling the Sabres for the final spot in the East.  After locking in their playoff spot, the Caps ended up leap frogging the Senators for 7th in the East.  Chara and the boys better be ready for Ovechkin and company.  Let the games begin!!!

I'll be posting my thoughts on the B's heading into the playoffs soon...


P.S.:  Is the world ready for the fire beard??

1 comment:

ManCave said...

playoff hockey, best time of the year. gentlemen.....start your beards