Friday, April 20, 2012

B's Lose Game 2, Bounce Back in Game 3

Bruins 1 - Capitals 2   (2OT)    --    Boston leads series 2-1
Bruins 4 - Capitls 3  (not in OT)

Well, my playoff win streak has come to an end.  I attended game 2 with high hopes but was rewarded with one of the most boring games of hockey I've ever attended.  The Capitals played the ever so excited trap game, where they basically pack everyone in and around the net and hope for a 1-0, 2-1 game...and they got it.

I thought both of the Capitals goals were fairly weak, but the play of the Bruins was even weaker.  No one was crashing the net.  Man have I come along way, but (Pepe le) Pouliot is the ONLY forward playing well right now.  He's digging deep, winning battles and managing to score those "dirty" goals.  Other than that, Seidenberg is playing like a boss still.  He's just a beast!!!  This game sucked and that's all I'm going to say about it.


I would just like to personally the Capitals for being idiots.  At the end of the second period, they poked Lucic one too many times and as we've heard Jack say, "DON'T POKE THE BEAR".  As I've said many times, I'm a huge Looch fan...HUGE.  But I cannot even try to defend his play the first 11 periods of playoff hockey (including the overtimes).  He has been an immense disappointment, seems to be lacking energy and focus.  Hence why I'm thanking the Capitals.  That skirmish at the end of the second period injected life into his game.  BY FAR the best period of hockey from Lucic (and really the rest of the team) was that third period.  Alzner, thank you as well.  I'll say a prayer for you, but making a cry baby motion to Looch is probably one of the stupider moments of your life. 

We're starting to see cheap play of coach's Dale Hunters game creep into his players game.  Jason Chimera poked Marchand in the gonads and Backstrom cross-checked Peverley in the face.  Backstrom ended up getting suspended for it, which I agree with but at the same time I wouldn't have gone crying to my Mommy if he wasn't...

Although it would've been a tough save, I would've liked to see Thomas make that save on Laich that tied the game.  Big players come up big in big moments.  Right there was a big moment, and Laich won.  Luckily Thomas redeemed himself by making a point-blank save a little later and before seriously causing health problems Chara won the game with under 2 minutes left to avoid a third straight overtime.

The third period was by far the best period of hockey for the entire team, lots of shots, but also much better net presence.  I already know the outcome of Game 4 and I'm very upset.  I thought the momentum from the end of Game 3 would've positively carried over into Game 4.  WRONG.  Ugh.

I am finishing up this post early Friday morning, I missed yesterdays game as I was traveling to San Diego during it...  Needless to say I'm angry and I don't even want to watch the highlights...

Think anyone around here knows what hockey is?

No comments: