Thursday, January 5, 2012

Golden Points: Game 36 vs New Jersey

Happy New Year's, Puckheads!!  With the new year comes a renewed urge to blog more and continue blowing sunshine up this teams...butt.

Remember the beginning of November, coming off a horrible October the Bruins blew Toronto, NYI, and Buffalo out of the water?  They scored a "ridiculous" 30 goals in 5 games.  Remember?  I kept telling myself "ride it out, baby!! We'll never EVER be able keep this up!".  God I was wrong, dead wrong.  Another 6 goals...

Anyways I digress which I know is a rarity with me.

Bruins 6 - Devils 1

Last nights game was a whoopin'.  But we've seen many of those lately.  Historically, B's vs Devils was a Claude Julien special with a little extra Claude Julien on the side.  Two teams with great goaltending and a defense first mindset always resulted in a very good, very physical, low scoring, playoff type game.  Only problem last night is that only one team decided to buy into any of that.  Brodeur looked like an AHL call up and the Devils skaters looked like a JV squad.  If you rewatch the highlights of the Bruins goals, NJ defenders get caught puck watching leaving some B's players WIDE OPEN for a shot.  They wanted NO part of the B's.

The Devils did get the first goal of the game on the power play.  And for that I think we should bench Timmy for 5 games.  Unacceptable.  How do you think the team is going to improve on their already league leading goals against average with you letting in a single goal?  Wait, nevermind... it did.  Alright fine you can play.  But I'd still sit you tonight in favor of Tuukka.  You need to have enough energy to pump Luongo's tires when he comes to town this weekend.

The Bruins D did a great job the entire night.  This was one of those games where it looked like Thomas could see everything come at him and no one was getting anywhere near him.  Most shots were from the outside and you didn't catch Thomas flailing around at all.  Good job, D. 

I was really happy to see Krejci AND Horton get on the scoresheet.  If I had to nitpick, the 1st line needs to play better.  They are playing good, but not great.  The #1 line on one of the best teams in the NHL needs to be scary.  I'd fear the 2nd line over this one at the moment, but if and when this line gets going, this team will be even scarier.

And I need to mention Bergie.  He scored two goals with one of them being an absolute beauty on a break away.  I'm pretty sure Brodeur is STILL looking for his jockstrap.  I could go on about how good Bergie is, but I really wanted to mention NHL 36.  It's a show that follows a player around for 36 hours before a game, and the one that aired last night followed Bergeron.  I thought it was really well done and makes you like that guy even that much more.  I highly recommend watching it, I believe it's replaying this weekend.  Set your DVR people!!!


Tonight we have the Flames.  I'm actually nervous about this game.  It's a Western Conference team that's in the bottom half of the conference.  Claude needs to try and keep his team from looking ahead to the HUGE game this Saturday (STANLEY CUP REMATCH!!!).  But seriously, Saturday is going to be awesome.

1 comment:

ms. malkin's borscht said...

cant look past those flames...