Friday, October 14, 2011

Game 3 and Game 4 Recap

My apologies for the late posts, but a surprise baby (Uncle Dome!!) has halted blogging.

I will not be doing 8 Golden Points for games I do not watch on TV or live.  I feel that repeating someone else's points of the game aren't my points at all.  But I will share my thoughts on what I read...

Avalanche 1 - Bruins 0
This game was played on a Monday afternoon.  Unfortunately, my job doesn't give fake holidays off so I had to sit in my cube and listen to as much as I could on 98.5.  I was able to tune in towards the end of the 1st period and the commentators were not pleased with the B's effort.  They said if it hadn't been for Rask, the game would have been out of hand early.  The remaining periods didn't seem all the much better either.  They had their chances, but just couldn't finish.

Rask is probably thinking "here we go again".  He makes 35 saves, let's in one goal... and loses.  The defending Stanley Cup champions should be able to put in ONE stinking goal against the second to worst team last year.  Pathetic.

After the game, Julien called out the top line.  Good!!  In previous seasons, I don't think he would have done that.  Maybe he understands that this year he needs to have a shorter leash on the players.  Especially in the early going when everyone is gunning for them.

Hurricanes 3 - Bruins 2
I was able to catch about a period of this game.  I thought Thomas made some really nice saves (though that Stewart goal was weak).  More importantly, Seguin was clearly the best player for the Bruins.  With Krejci out with a "core injury", Seguin stepped into the #1 center role nicely.  Even without the goal, I would've said he was the best player out there, but then he roofed a beautiful shot top shelf.  Man, he's going to be good.

I didn't see Marchand's goal, but so far it seems like every time I'm writing a recap for a game it's Marchand - Seguin... Seguin - Marchand.  I'm very pleased that the two players who seemed to be celebrating the most this offseason are the ones that have seemingly put the Cup victory behind them. 

The Bruins don't have the skill to take nights off.  They won it all last year because they worked their tails off and wanted it more than the other team.  They need to step up their game and get over this stupid Stanley Cup hangover.  It's obviously not time to panic, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing so far

Hopefully the Dude is okay.  The end boards said something mean about his mother and he gave it a solid head butt with the side of his fache.  He's travelling with the team, so we'll see if he plays Saturday night.

Next up: Chicago (2-1-0)

No comments: