Friday, December 9, 2011

Kaberle Traded to the Dark Side

Everyone rejoice!!  We have yet another reason to boo the crap out of Kaberle!!!  What was the first?  The fact that he absolutely stunk up the joint here last season.  If you know me, you know I was not a huge Kaberle fan...at all.  Like, not even a little bit.

In exchange for Jaroslav Spacek, the Canadiens have acquired enormously overpaid and under performing Tomas Kaberle from Carolina.  If you remember, Kaberle just a few months ago signed a 3 year, $12.75 million contract with the 'Canes.  According to the article I read, the 'Canes had been looking to move him for a month.  So what you're saying, Carolina, is that a month into the first year of his contract, you already regretted that decision?! Interesting...  I wonder why...

After 29 games played, Kaberle's line looks like this: 0 goals, 9 assists, and a -12.  Carolina also has the 4th worst power play in the league.  For someone who is suppose to be an offensive defenseman and a power play savior....Ouch.  Spacek's stat line isn't much better (12 games played: 0 goals, 3 assists, +2), but I still think for Carolina, this is a great move.  They gain a little cap room this year with his contract, but most importantly, he's a free agent at the end of the season.  They don't have to worry about the other 2 awful years left on Kaberle's contract.

As for the Canadiens, they currently have the 3rd worst power play in the league and they can expect to hit rock bottom now.  I'm not quite sure why they made this move.  Maybe their thinking is that Kaberle spent almost his whole career in the Northeast division and a move back to their will get him going.  I don't know.  I think he stinks, so anytime the Canadiens get a stinky player I'm happy with it.  Oh man, I cannot wait to boo him!!

1 comment:

ManCave said...

Oh where to begin with the Kaberle bashing session. I'll try and tone down my hatred for this comment.

Watching Kaberle play hockey is like watching old re-runs of 'Are you Afraid of the Dark'...your kinda scared what may happen, and usually disappointed in the end.


Good, glad he is going to the Dark side. I'm old school hating Kaberle...Booed him while he was still on the Bruins. Adding more fuel to the fire